Effective Date: September, 2017
You acknowledge that our operation of the Services do not constitute the practice of medicine, and specifically does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Company. The information provided on through the Services is for educational purposes only.
Information We Collect
On Our App:
Except as otherwise set forth herein, we do not disclose your health-related data to third parties without your express permission.
We collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Services (e.g., while on the Services or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Services). Specifically we collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing, this information includes, but is not limited to:
Blood Test Results
|Health Tracking||Workout and Activity
Food and Diet
Our Application integrates with Apple HealthKit, and you may choose to share any HealthKit data with the application (which will get factored into your Health Score and Wellness trackers discussed below).
How We Use Your Information
The main way that we use the information that you provide is to generate your user-experience through the Application. We use information to generate your OptimumU Health Score and Wellness tracker. We may send you notifications through the Services based on the information that you provide, or make certain health-based recommendations.
We only contact individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you. If at anytime, you wish to be removed from our email lists, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Services in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features, and, making other offers available to you via email, or otherwise.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties, for example on within the Tribes feature within the Application, that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our users when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Services or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our Services is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
The Tribes features within the Application allows you to connect with other users of the Services. You can communicate within the Application with other members of your tribe, who may be known or unknown to you. You are responsible for all information that you provide to other tribe members.
We may introduce functionality that allows Tribe leaders to access aggregated, de-personalized data about the collective group of members in their Tribe. We do not share anything that will personally identify you, but your information may be aggregated with that of other users to facilitate Tribe activity. If you do not wish to have your data aggregated in this way, do not use Tribes.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Services. For example, we may collect information about your computer's connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Services. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a "cookie" to enhance your experience with the Services. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive or mobile device for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Services, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Services where you may have entered preference information before. The Services also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as "transparent GIFs") to access cookies and to count users who visit the Services or open HTML-formatted email messages. We may also collect certain information from your mobile device, such as device and usage information that may include information that is specific to your mobile device (e.g. make, model, operating system, advertising identifier and similar information; (ii) information about your use of features, functions or notifications on the device; and (iii) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Services. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Services, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by OptimumU, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children's Privacy Statement
This children's privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- The Services are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Services. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Services, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Services.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Services, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Services.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Services, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Service's online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule
The US Department of Health and Human Services provides: “The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.”
Notwithstanding the fact that the Site and App do not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Company, our preservation of your personal health information shall be HIPAA compliant if required.
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored at the server that delivers our content and messaging through the Services. Your information can only be accessed by those who administer the Services.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by us include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
Right To Examine Information
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another Customer).
Withdrawal Of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that if you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience of the Services may be diminished.
Although it is highly unlikely, this policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Services.